Wednesday, December 30, 2009

27!

It's my blog, right? So I can count a cookbook that I read through as my 26th book, which means I'm actually on book 27 for the year right now.

I really enjoy Pioneer Woman's blog. She's got fun stories, amazing photography, and some drool-worthy recipes. I got my mom hooked on her, too, and we said we'd buy PW's cookbook for each other for Christmas.

I kept up my end of the bargain. My mom? Not so much. I hadn't even opened the cookbook I gave my mom so I was pretty disappointed to not have one of my own to thumb through on Christmas morning.

Well, guess what arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon? My very own Pioneer Woman cookbook! Thank you, Mom!

















I was thinking I could do a whole Julie & Julia thing and make every recipe in the book in a certain time frame and blog about it, but then I remembered that someone (me!) would have to eat what I make and I just can't have that. I do plan to try lots of these recipes, but I'll hopefully do it when we have a crowd to share the food with.

Anyone interested in joining us for dinner tonight?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And soon you will have 28 with A Big Little Life.... I think that was the title?????????I may even want to borrow that! McMom

Jenny said...

I'm there for dinner... just let me know :)!!!