Monday, December 21, 2009

They're ooey. They're gooey.

You know I really like something if I write a poem about it. Like with Fish City down in Texas or the babies' first Christmas last year.

{You need to hear the Addams Family theme song while you're reading this.}

They're ooey and they're gooey,
Delicious, moist and chewy,
They're very very yummy,
Cake bars by Stephanie.

I made these cake bars on Saturday so I could bring a platter of them to Rick and Sabrina's Christmas party that night. Lucky for us, they can't be stacked and my platter only held so many so we had some to snack on yesterday.

Look at all that gooeyness!













Ooey Gooey Cake Bars

Crust:
One box cake mix
One egg
One stick melted butter

Combine everything and press into bottom of a greased 8 x 13 pan. (No, that's not a typo. These are better if they're in something smaller than 9 x 13 but bigger than 8 x 8.)

Filling:
One box powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
Three eggs
One tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients and pour over the crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Over the summer, I made these with a lemon cake mix, and I actually liked those even more than the regular cake bars.

Now, try to get my little song out of your head.

They're ooey and they're gooey,
Delicious, moist and chewy...

4 comments:

Gma said...

They're yummy, oh so yummy
Go down easy in the tummy...

Anonymous said...

Well, aren't YOU the lucky one --- your sister - in- law just made a pan of them for our Christmas weekend of FUN! LOL McMom

Gina said...

I've made these a few times and we LOVE them! I also recommend trying spice cake mix, especially around the holidays. Thanks for the pan size hint...9x13 does seem to not quite do them justice. Merry Christmas!

McMom said...

Thanks Gina for the Holiday version.... My other daughter in law's recipe says to let them sit 24 hrs before cutting..... McMom