Sunday, December 6, 2009

Recipe Recap: Peanut Butter Fudge

I've been making this recipe for several years now and even when accidentally sabotaged, it still tastes great.

One year, I grabbed red food coloring instead of vanilla and turned my fudge pink. I was making it for Mother's Day when both my mom and the McMom were visiting so that kinda worked out to my advantage. Another time, I was inspired by my food coloring oops to dye the fudge green for our St. Patrick's Day party. For some reason - overstirring to incorporate the green food coloring throughout maybe? - the fudge ended up looking like wasabi. It tasted fine, it just had to be eaten with a spoon.

Nowadays, I'm very careful to grab the right brown bottle, and I don't color-coordinate the fudge with the holiday.

Anyway, I was making fudge for the Friday night's Women's Night here in the 'hood. It was a combo event with a cookie exchange as well as a Dirty Santa gift exchange.

You have to bring sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a rolling boil and let it do its thing for 5 minutes.













While that's happening, I mix the peanut butter and marshmallow creme together in a separate bowl. You end up adding it to the boiling mixture and it's just easier if these two are already mixed together.













I line my 8 x 8 pan with foil so that I can lift the block of fudge out, peel the foil away, and easily cut the fudge into whatever size pieces I need.













Since the fudge was going to be on display, I wanted to make sure it presented nicely. I used a red charger under a clear snowman platter. Too bad I couldn't take my green runner with me, too.

1 comment:

Gma said...

YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!