Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rompin' in the rain

Kim, Sara, Vickie and I ran the Reindeer Romp 5k this past Saturday. It was cold and it was raining, but we're hardcore 5k-ers who didn't want to feel guilty for wearing a t-shirt representing a race we didn't actually do.

Here's the view out of my windshield when I left the house at 8:30.













When we got the the park, I asked a woman who was obviously in a hurry to meet her group to take our picture. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do when it comes to pictures for the blog.













{Note to self: Don't be the only one in the group NOT wearing black pants.}

I didn't do that great during this 5k. I just wasn't "feeling it" and had to walk a few times. I think I finished just under the 30-minute mark. Must've been all the mudholes I was dodging - that required extra energy and wore me out.

We ran on a basically dirt trail. Well, it's dirt on a good day. It was good old-fashioned mud on Saturday and there was no escaping it. Here's a look at the backs of Vickie's and Sara's pants when we were done.



























Here I am back at Sara's car, happy to be done and more than ready to get out of the rain and head to lunch.

















We went to Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, which only Kim had eaten at before. We all really liked it, and I definitely want to go back and try some of the other sandwiches.













I'm glad I did these two 5k's, but I'm done with organized running of any length until the weather improves in the spring and then hopefully I'll do a 10k.

In the meantime, I need to go shoe-shopping.

1 comment:

Gma said...

So guess you're not yet ready to become one of those obsessive runners I see on Saturday mornings running no matter the weather?