Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

When you don't use your kitchen table to, you know, eat, you can decorate it and not worry about making room for plates and forks.













I arranged the garland in a figure eight then put the candle holders in the loops. Here, I'll show you.

















I actually got the candle holders during a post-Valentine's Day sale at Hallmark a few years ago.

















For the mantle, I used more berry garland, which my mom got for me on sale at Hobby Lobby or Garden Ridge (one of those fabulous stores that the Triangle is sorely lacking) after Christmas last year.













I haven't put my people in my hole like I did last year, and I don't think it's going to happen.

I put garland with lights on the banister again. And you can catch a "during" glimpse of the dining room in the background.













No Christmas tree pics yet. It's up, and has been since the Monday after Thanksgiving, but the dining room's such a mess that I'm waiting for that space to come together before posting more pictures from in there. We painted under the chairrail again last night so we're one coat closer to being done. Unfortunately, one coat closer does not equal just one coat away, I don't think.

2 comments:

Gma said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! And don't you just love the after holiday sales ... who'd a thunk a few Valentine votives would look so great at Christmas!!

McMom said...

It is VERY pretty! Will the "people" fit on the entry hall table? Or maybe where your phone is in the den? Speaking of sales, what do you have outside?