Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy {Early} Birthday!

We went out to dinner with our usual Friday-night-dinner crew last night. I had told the McHusband that we girls wanted all of us to get together one last time before the holidays, which was true, but it was also just a good opportunity to celebrate a certain someone's birthday.

For those who don't know, the McHusband's birthday is December 26th and this one's the big one.

Three-oh.

Yep, he's finally old like me.

The McHusband didn't know about the birthday part until we all got back to our house for dessert, which I'd said was going to be brownies and/or ice cream. I didn't actually make the brownies, but the McHusband didn't notice that part.

I'd gotten a cake from Harris Teeter and stored it in my pots and pans cabinet, where I knew the McHusband wouldn't look.

Shoot, who am I kidding, I barely look in there.

Anyway, Terry and Vickie had a neighbor's birthday party to go to, Chelle and Jeremy had another friend's holiday party, and Shawn and Vanessa were leaving for Illinois by 6:00 Sunday morning so I knew no one could stick around too long. Pretty much as soon as we got to the house, I pulled out the cake and the McHusband opened his cards, which he wasn't expecting. It was fun to surprise him, even if it wasn't a huge party involving a singing gorilla.

















Here's everyone (except Vanessa who I think was warming herself by the fire) congregating by the island while the McHusband opens his cards. Um, Vickie, I think you owe us an explanation...


























I think Jeremy's reading the card that Shawn and Vanessa gave the McHusband. It was pretty entertaining.











I got a cake from Harris Teeter then doctored it up with some sprinkles.













Happy Early Birthday, McHusband!

1 comment:

Gma said...

Big or little, surprises are THE BEST!!!! Cudos to the Friday Night Club for pulling off yet another surprise party (shoot, you guys are getting good at this!).