Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Caramel Apple Bars

I like fruit.  I like – okay, love – dessert.  But I’m not too big on them meeting up and joining forces.

However, these bars just might change my mind.  You know I have a soft spot for streusel, and the caramel offers that traditional dessert flavor that I’m looking for.

DSC_0785

These would be REALLY good warmed up and topped with some vanilla ice cream.  If you’re into that kind of thing.

DSC_0758

With the apples and the oats, these were practically more of a breakfast bar.  Hey, whatever rationale works so I can eat them morning, noon, or night.

DSC_0783

If you like apples, cinnamon, and caramel, you will like these bars.  They aren’t difficult to make, but they were a little time consuming with the peeling and chopping of the apples and melting the caramel.

DSC_0782

But they are oh so worth it.

DSC_0787 

{Recipe here}

1 comment:

Gma said...

Sounds and looks yummy! Any chance there's a stash in the freezer?