Thursday, October 18, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Ooey Gooey Caramel Pretzel Bars

I made these for us grown-up girls Owen’s second birthday treat.  His main treat was a batch of Oreo Marshmallow Treats because Shannon said Owen and Olivia both liked Oreos and I know Lyla’s not big on chocolate.  Plus Olivia has an egg allergy and since these were egg-free (on my part at least), I knew they were something she could safely eat.

(Photo courtesy of Bakergirl)

For the most part, I can bake something, give most of it away, and be happy with just a serving or two.  These ooey gooey bars, though, were another story.

DSC_0775

Chocolate cake on the bottom.  Then pretzels.  Rolos were next.  (I at least doubled the number used, by the way.)  The last layer was basically your standard ooey gooey mixture: cream cheese – chocolate! – eggs, powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla.

DSC_0776

I gave two-thirds of the bars to Bri, Shannon, and my mom.  That was on Friday.  By Sunday afternoon, the rest were gone.  And no, I didn’t share them with anyone.

DSC_0777

So enjoy the pictures.  As I can’t be trusted around these bars, I won’t be making them again.

{Ooey Gooey Caramel Pretzel Bars}

{Oreo Marshmallow Bars}

No comments: