Monday, October 8, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Crème Brulee Cheesecake Bars

Maybe Mondays should always start with treats, what do you think?

DSC_0363

Did everyone have a good weekend?  I did. 

Friday: Women’s Night at my house that night. 

Saturday: An 8-mile run on a beautiful morning then a matinee showing of Pitch Perfect (VERY cute movie) with Heather and a few others.  That night, the McHusband and I had dinner with friends at The Aviator (VERY good wings, or so I hear) in Fuquay before finishing the night by hanging out at Chelle and Jeremy’s house.

Sunday: Lots of TV and laundry, grocery shopping, and some cooking.  I threw together another egg casserole, and we had some lentil-black bean soup for dinner.

Back to the bars.  I made them a few weeks back for Jeremy for his birthday.  He’s a big fan of crème brulee, but bringing 10 ramekins of that to the restaurant just wasn’t feasible.  Enter Betty Crocker and her bars.

DSC_0361

These were very good.  I’m not sure they tasted like crème brulee, but they were so yummy that it didn’t really matter.

DSC_0362

I loved how thick the “crust” was.  That layer was just sugar-cookie-in-a-bag doctored up with some pudding mix and brown sugar then mixed with butter, vanilla, and an egg to make the dough for the bottom of the dessert.

DSC_0354

I used one of those new Philadelphia Indulgence cream cheeses, the white chocolate one, in the middle layer and I think it helped take some of the bite out of the cheesecake.

DSC_0365

You can’t go wrong with toffee bits, especially not when they cover the entire top and are sorta caramelized.

DSC_0352

DSC_0356

I already have plans for a new spin on these using pumpkin cookie dough on the bottom and a new flavor of Indulgence: cinnamon.

Hope your week is off to a better start now that you’ve vicariously enjoyed your dessert first.

{Recipe here}

No comments: