Monday, October 22, 2012

Wonderful weekend

I had the BEST run on Saturday.  The last time I ran at the American Tobacco Trail, I covered 20 miles and it was awful.  Then I arrived home to find the McHusband laid up on the couch with his sprained ankle and broken foot.  Instead of boot camp, the McHusband went skeet shooting so you can understand why I was happy to get home from my run to find him finishing lunch and not sporting any bandages.

So my run.  I ran the entire 20 miles.  And I mean RAN.  I didn’t end up shuffling the last 5 miles just to finish.  In fact, I had a burst of energy thanks, I suppose, to those lovely endorphins supplied by the runner’s high, around the 15-mile mark and I bet I ran two miles or so at a pace not slower than 8 minutes 30 seconds and possibly faster.  I felt so good that I actually got a little emotional and teared up – it was just so nice to be enjoying my run and not hurting (much), knowing I was going to finish strong. 

And finish strong, I did.  I mean, I’m not going to win any awards for my pace or anything, but I finished in 2 hours and 58 minutes, which means I averaged just under 9 minutes per mile.  The fact that I was able to maintain that pace is awesome.  Bring on the marathon!

I spent Saturday afternoon in the kitchen assembling oatmeal cream pies and making no-bake s’mores bars, then we went to the Chicken Stew that night.  That gets its own post later this week.

Then yesterday was our anniversary.  The McHusband power-washed most of the house.

IMG_3889 

Then we bathed the dogs.

IMG_3891

Dinner was BBQ chicken in the crockpot before we headed out to officially celebrate our anniversary with a bowling date.

IMG_3898

IMG_3894

The McHusband won both games, but he was worried for a bit during the first one when things were tied up in the 7th and 8th frames.

IMG_3895

We both did well in the last two frames, but the McHusband performed a touch better.

IMG_3896

My skills took a nosedive in our second game – I started out with a gutterball!  How embarrassing.  The McHusband had a great game though.

IMG_3897

From bowling we hit up Sweet Creations in Fuquay for dessert.  Love those DIY fro-yo places!

IMG_3899

Happy Anniversary, McHusband!  I love you and can’t wait to see what the next year brings!  Nothing but wedded bliss, I’m sure. Smile

2 comments:

McHusband said...

Happy day-after Anniversary Babe. I love you too!

Anonymous said...

Did the dogs get the pressure washer too?