Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Aha!

I'm not sure my "Aha!" moment is what Oprah really had in mind, but to each their own, right?

I like to have real plants in my house. I have four right now, but I'd like to have more. However, I'm running low on high places in which to put my plants. See, Emma's a little herbivore and she'll eat my plants, which usually causes two things: traumatized plants that don't look so good and a sick Emma who suddenly feels much better after she throws up in inconvenient places.

I was catching up on This Young House and read the post this morning about terrariums. Ding ding ding! Why didn't I think of this sooner?


The hurricane over the plant does double-duty - keeps the moisture in and the cat out. Actually, it does triple-duty: moisture in, cat out, AND it looks good.


Now I just need to get a plant, a pot, some dirt, a plate, a hurricane...

No comments: