Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lost and found...and lost again

Lost:

Collarbones


Arm definition


A flat front


Briefly found in Vegas last fall:

Collarbones


A flat-ish front


The arm definition has yet to make an appearance.

2005 was a big year for us. There were FIVE weddings in our life that year - two in April (the McHusband was in both of those) one week apart; one in August (I was maid of honor); one in September (I was a bridesmaid); and one in October (Guess what our roles were in that one?!).

Anyway, I had a lot of motivation to be in shape that year and it paid off. Then I slacked off, gained weight, lost some weight, gained some weight... You get the idea.

When we planned the Vegas trip last year, I knew I wanted to be in relatively good shape for that vacation, and I did pretty good. Not 2005-good, but pretty good. Now it's time to do it again, but I'm going to be blogging about it so I hope the added pressure of doing this publicly helps.

We have two weddings and a McFamily reunion this year, not to mention I'm turning the big 3-0 one month from today as the McHusband was too happy to point out this morning. I won't be at my 2005 weight by my birthday, but I hope to be well on my way.

Anyway, feel free to send willpower and energy-to-exercise vibes my way - I'm gonna need 'em!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I just finally looked at my 40th high school reunion CD of pictures..... some people NEVER change and then again... all things considered, I feel pretty good now!! LOL That was a lot of FUN! Keep up the good work --- Love, McMom

Anonymous said...

Do you think if I send all my "Go Steph" wishes to you that you could take care of my arm definition and thigh cellulite? I mean as long as you're doing the work anyway what's a couple of extra arm presses (or whatever they're called) on behalf of your mother?

I remember a time when I was 29 and holding, then came 39 and holding ... Guess I need to revisit the good old age timeline once again -- I'm okay if you want to be 25 for another few years!

Of course, everyone says that 50 is the new 40 - what a great way to knock a few candles off the cake -- I'll take it!

Anonymous said...

All right Steph, I am with you!!! As soon as we get back from NY I am jumping on the train. I am ready to start feeling good about my self again :).

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, you always look beautiful! But, I'll still be sending lots of encouragement and good vibes your way! Anna