Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring fever

After days and days of rain, we finally had some beautiful weather today. The McHusband rented an aerator for the yard, and he certainly wasn't the only one working outside.


What, you thought I meant I was out there working with him?

Earlier this week, he finished the little paved area at the bottom of the deck stairs.




While the McHusband was outside working, I was inside doing my usual chores - dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing... Emma loves when I dust. Lemon-scented Pledge is, as Robert Plant would say, simply irrisistible. She throws herself down on the table (or, in this case, entertainment center), rubs the scent all over her, and even licks the surface.



After she'd gotten her fill, she headed upstairs for a snack.

Oh yeah, I wanted to show everyone the pretty tree growing by the driveway. It's a cherry tree and in the fall when we first moved in, I really didn't like the tree very much. Now, though, I think it's great. Too bad it can't look like this all year.

We picked up a couple ferns to hang from the front porch this afternoon. It's amazing that such a simple addition could have such a big impact. You'll just have to take my word, I don't have any pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan looks quite content out there in the sunshine and the breeze with the headphones on - increasing his hearing loss no doubt....

Emma is too funny... as is Tucker.

Are you sure it is a cherry tree and not a flowering crab?? I don't know one from another. That is not the one we thought was a weeping willow is it? It sure it pretty and will be prettier year after year. Love, The McMom

Gma said...

Can't wait until it's time to get all the posies planted! The neighbors will have to step up their game -- YARD OF THE MONTH here we come!