Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another fire

I'm not a paranoid person, but I'm thinking about pressing the McHusband to have his electrical work inspected by a pro just for peace of mind. That house in our old neighborhood burned to the ground, and just this morning my coworker's friend's house caught fire and was destroyed. Here are the details.

This friend, Laura, owned the barn (on the same property) where my coworker boarded her horse and rode. Luckily, the barn is set away from the house and didn't sustain any damage.

Oh, and that dog that they said was missing? He was later found alive and well, but scared, under a metal table amid the burned skeleton of the house. He must be part cat and just used up a couple of lives.

Laura was coming back to the house from taking her grandkids to daycare when she saw the smoke, and it didn't even occur to her that it had anything to do with her or her house. She ended up having to be sedated because she was so upset. I can't even imagine how she was feeling, and I hope I and my loved ones never have to live through something like that.

Everyone - please check the batteries in your smoke detectors ASAP. Smoke detectors may not save your house, but they can save you and your family.

No comments: