Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Wishes

Did you all have a good Christmas?  We spent Saturday through Tuesday in Charlotte, and it was wonderful to see our families and especially to spend time with the kids. 

Chase, Lyla, and Owen  have each developed such fun personalities, and they change so much in between visits that I can’t get enough of them when we’re together.  And the baby girls?  Leah, Maxie, and Olivia, who are 15 months, 7 months, and 10 months respectively, are just adorable.

I’ll bombard you with picture-laden posts about our Christmas in Charlotte soon enough.  For now, I have a question and one answer, but I want to know YOUR answers.

What do you do with all the holiday cards you get this time of year?  This time around, I taped them to our laundry room door where we could appreciate them several times over and not just when we first got them.

DSC_0416

I had the idea that the cards would actually go on the green ribbon, but apparently we have too many friends for just one ribbon.

DSC_0418

We have cards from Reed and Krista and from Vickie and Sara (and all their boys):

DSC_0419

DSC_0421

Shannon sent one with a cute family picture.

DSC_0420

We got a card from my Papa and Grandma Grace.  Papa painted the picture on the front.  Can you read the writing?  It says, “This one!” 

DSC_0422

Rick and Sabrina (and Tinny and Jim, of course) sent some Christmas cheer from Beantown.

DSC_0423

We had cards from Aunt Judy, Aunt Becky, Aunt Charlotte, and Aunt Diane.

DSC_0424

So I taped my cards to a door; I know the McMom keeps her cards in a wooden sleigh by the TV.  What do you do with your merry missives?  Collect them in a basket or display them on a vertical surface?  I need some ideas for next year.

2 comments:

Sara said...

We set all of ours up on the mantle. But, with longways photo cards being more popular instead of tall folded cards like it used to be, it was harder to keep all the pictures visible. I'm considering a clothesline of sorts across the kitchen window for next year.

Jenny said...

I also am guilty of just sticking them on the mantle but I have for the last couple of years wanted to make a card tree. Someone gave me the idea a couple of years ago but I haven't yet taken the time to do it. Here is a link http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-cards/christmas-card-displays/cagey-conifer-792522/. Maybe next year! Your ribbon was super cute!!!