Friday, December 23, 2011

Seasonal buffet

We’re not talking Golden Corral buffets here.  I know, I know, it’s hard to believe this isn’t a post about food, huh?  I photographed cookies tonight and made some of the easiest yummiest treats EVER as well so don’t fret, there’ll be more food soon.

I don’t do a lot of seasonal decorating inside the house, but the one place I will break out the fake flowers, color-appropriate candles, and candy-of-the-moment is the buffet in the dining room.

In the fall:

IMG_2879

IMG_2878

IMG_2881

For Christmas:

DSC_0259

DSC_0264

DSC_0143

DSC_0267

DSC_0270

And just to keep it real, this is how it looks now while my dining room is Giftwrap Central.

DSC_0353

My office is closing at noon so we can have a company lunch downtown (FAAAAAR away from any shopping) then I’m heading home to spend some time in the kitchen making eggnog fudge and brownie bites with Candy Cane Kisses in them.

TGIF and Merry Christmas, everyone!  I’ll try not to be totally MIA next week during my staycation.

No comments: