Monday, December 12, 2011

Repent

re pent \ri-‘pent\: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one’s life

Now let me use the word in a sentence:

“I went to spinning Sunday afternoon to repent for eating and drinking too much during an impromptu game night at Shawn and Vanessa’s Saturday night.”

DSC_0333cnscpe

What is it about party foods that are so irresistible?  Why do I find my hand dunking yet one more chip into that Mexican layered dip when my stomach is already 10 chips-with-dip past full?

Thank goodness I have my Y membership and My Fitness Pal to keep me on track outside the holiday parties.  I’m starting off the week right: healthy breakfast, small lunch, spinning, and we’re eating grilled chicken and Cajun roasted sweet potatoes for dinner.

Just three more weekends this holiday season to get through…

No comments: