Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving in PA: Saturday {night}

{Another disclaimer: If you weren’t there or aren’t related to someone who was, this post may not be for you.}

Aunt Becky and Uncle Burn had us all over for Thanksgiving at their house on Saturday.  By “us all,” I mean this group here.

IMG_2838

My dad was on Maxie-duty for a bit.  They both seem pretty comfortable, huh?

IMG_2825

Where the magic happened.

IMG_2829

My cousin Stacy is pretty amazing in the kitchen, and I think we have her to thank for most of the meal.  The turkey was one of the best I’ve ever eaten – flavorful and juicy.  Owen was a fan, too; he’s not smiling because his mouth is full of turkey and potatoes.

IMG_2832

Much like at Ralph and Lynn’s house, Lyla was partial to pumpkin desserts.

IMG_2836

Side note: My mom made the girls’ skirts and put the turkey on their shirts.  Does she need her own HGTV show or what?

IMG_2827IMG_2831

If you blow up Lyla’s picture, you’ll see that she might’ve gotten ahold of her Aunt Steph’s lipstick and may not have used a mirror to put it on.  And Aunt Steph might’ve supported all of this in the name of a cute picture.

Bri, Nate, and the girls were staying at Aunt Becky’s so we hung out after dinner.  Lyla’s pumpkin cookie was about all she’d eaten so we sat down and had some Cinnamon Toast Crunch for a snack.

IMG_2843

She was being really silly.  And I was right there to document it and then post it for you guys to see.

IMG_2848IMG_2849

IMG_2847

I even let Lyla have the camera  and she took some pretty decent photos.

IMG_2844

After our snack, we went back to the room that Lyla was staying in to play.  Here she is throwing some gang signs.

IMG_2854

The McHusband came in to see what we were doing and he blew raspberries on my stomach, which Lyla thought was hilarious.

IMG_2863

And that pretty much wraps up Thanksgiving in PA for this year and it only took me two weeks.  I’m telling you, I think I’m finally getting the hang of this blogging-on-a-regular-basis thing.

1 comment:

Gma said...

Did Mom endorse Lyla's make up session? I may be a tad partial, but those kids are just too daggumed cute!