Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stick It

So remember I said that my new galvanized tub held wine and vodka?  I wanted to fancy up our Vladimir vodka that runs about $15 per gallon so I cleaned the label off a clear wine bottle, stuck some silver letters on it, and put the vodka in my new shiny glass bottle.

DSC_0357

I kept the bottle after the soiree and plan to use it at more parties.

My other craft project involved more silver letters and another clear bottle, this one acrylic and with a pump.

DSC_0362

DSC_0361

Am I the only one who finds herself at parties wanting some lotion for my hands?  Especially in the wintertime.  Well, I assumed I wasn’t the only one so I decided to make lotion available in the powder room to my guests.

DSC_0364

I’m keeping it to the left of the sink.  Partly because the area to the right of the sink is a little crowded as is and partly because it just seems to make sense to have the lotion near the towel. 

Wash hands.  Dry hands. Rub on lotion.

DSC_0363

DSC_0358

So next time you’re at my house, help yourself to some lotion and vodka, although the latter’ll have to come from the plastic jug we keep in the freezer.  Not that you’re not special enough to have vodka out of a wine bottle; you are.  It’s just that we aren’t that fancy on an everyday basis.

It’s not you, it’s us.

1 comment:

Gma said...

Baking queen
Neighborhood maven
and now crafty crafter?

YOU GO GIRL!