Thursday, December 22, 2011

Recipe Recap: Eggnog Cheesecake Bars

DSC_0333

Do you guys like eggnog?  I feel like it’s one of those “love it or hate it” foods  because most people fall into one category or the other rather than in the “Sure, it’s okay” group. 

DSC_0328

Having revealed that little pearl of wisdom, however, I have to say I’m in the “It’s okay” category.  I don’t miss it when it’s not available, and I’m not checking Harris Teeter daily starting November 1st hoping to find that the nog’s finally being stocked.

I made these bars last Friday and took them to Women’s Night here in the neighborhood.  They had to stay in the fridge for half the night because the house was so warm and I was afraid they’d pull a Frosty and turn into a puddle.  So by the time they came out, I think the ladies had filled up on the other snacks.  Oh well, more for me for sharing with my office and the McHusband’s.

I changed the crust a little.  I ground up some gingersnaps so that I used 3/4 c of those crumbs with 3/4 c of graham cracker crumbs.  Of course, I don’t know what the original tastes like, but I think my crust was pretty darn good.

DSC_0329

The receptionist at the McHusband’s office emailed me and asked for the recipe, and my coworker really liked them.  I didn’t think the eggnog was the overwhelming flavor so keep that in mind.  If you love eggnog more than Katie loves bacon, you might be disappointed; if you tend to say no to the nog, you should give these a try because you might just like ‘em.

DSC_0343

{Recipe here}

No comments: