Friday, December 9, 2011

Thanksgiving in PA: Saturday {day}

My grandma lives across the street from an elementary school.  We used to go to the playground there when we were little so Bri and I took Lyla, Owen, and Maxie (Shannon stayed with Olivia, who’d finally fallen asleep).

IMG_2798

IMG_2799IMG_2800

IMG_2803

The slide’s always a favorite, and we all went down it at some point.

IMG_2808IMG_2810

IMG_2813IMG_2823

I helped Owen down the fireman’s pole…

IMG_2811IMG_2812

And he and Lyla played restaurant where both the money AND the food were woodchips.

IMG_2815

We also had to try out the swings.

IMG_2819IMG_2820

After about an hour, we figured Maxie had had enough sitting around in the wind and it was time for me to get back to Grandma’s to get ready for our second Thanksgiving dinner, this one at my Uncle Burn’s house.

I don’t know if Owen and Lyla will remember that playground, but I know Bri and I added to our memories of it that afternoon.  It certainly never crossed my mind all those summers ago that I’d one day be back with my nieces and nephew – crazy how things come full circle, huh?

No comments: