Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chelle’s Birthday Fiesta

A group of us got together for Chelle’s birthday a couple weekends ago.  We went out for Mexican then everyone came back to our house for dessert.  I decorated the kitchen with some of the paper lanterns from Vickie’s shower plus three new pink ones.

DSC_0325

DSC_0331

DSC_0333

I made a sign using a frame that I already had, I just painted it with the same spray paint I used for the chandelier in the front bedroom.

DSC_0327

But I’m getting ahead of myself because this was for dessert.  First, we had to eat dinner.  And wear a funny hat.

Hat

  And do a birthday shot (Birthday Girl only).

Shot

Lime

(Bruce got these pictures with his phone.  Thanks for sharing, Bruce!)

After dinner and drinks at La Cocina, our group of 11 headed back to our house. 

DSC_0337

DSC_0338

Where are all the guys?  They were huddled around the McHusband’s laptop looking at car videos or something equally manly.

DSC_0335

Per Chelle’s request, I made a lemon cheesecake and then I threw in some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting.  That’s Chelle’s favorite cake combo and it just didn’t feel like a birthday celebration without some frosting.

My cheesecake had a thick crust that didn’t give in easily.  Look at all that elbow grease Vickie’s using!

DSC_0340

DSC_0341

That was a fun night.  Now whose birthday is next so we can do it again?  And whoever you are, be thinking of what dessert you want.  I’m itching to try something new and have 496 saved recipes to choose from.

Birthday dessert post coming soon!

DSC_0363

No comments: