Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe Recap: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Cinnamon M&M Cookies

DSC_0492 I’m a sucker for the seasonal flavors of  traditional candies like Pumpkin Spice Kisses and Candy Corn M&M’s in the fall.  If I walk by an endcap in Target with something new on display, I can’t resist grabbing at least one bag to try out.  That’s exactly what happened last week when I found myself in the checkout lane watching a bag of Raspberry Hugs go down the conveyor belt, across the scanner, and into that telltale white bag.

Back to the cookies.  I got two bags of the Cinnamon M&M’s before Christmas and only finally made something with one of the bags last week.  Good thing the candy has a long shelf life, huh?

Two bloggers had recipes for essentially the same cookie.  I chose the recipe that had the most butter.  Seemed like a logical way to decide which cookie to bake to me.  I’m no Paula Deen, but I figure more butter’s probably better.

DSC_0482

Just like Jenny, I stuck my M&M’s onto the cookies rather than mixing them into the dough.

DSC_0485

The McHusband didn’t love these cookies so I used some of the Candy Corn M&M’s (Yes, I seem to have a plethora of seasonal candy accumulating in my pantry.  Good thing I finally used some up.) with the last little bit of cookie dough.  He was very appreciative of his six just-for-him cookies and he enjoyed them very much.

DSC_0488

DSC_0490

I ended up with about 40 good-sized cookies.  I think the cookie dough (in both its raw and baked states; I’m thorough, what can I say) was pretty good, but I’m not so sure about either M&M version.  I mean, I liked both cookies okay, but I’m not going to rave about them here.  However, they were appealing to look at.

DSC_0495

DSC_0497

I still have that second bag of Cinnamon M&M’s so maybe I should try the other blogger’s cookie recipe and see if I like it better.  Yes, I’d be willing to take one for the team and participate in a taste test just to get to the bottom of this dilemma.  Any other volunteers out there?

DSC_0499

{Recipe Here}

No comments: