Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011: Christmas at Grammie’s

When we woke up Christmas morning, we saw that Santa hadn’t forgotten us overnight.

DSC_0686

I think Chase needed more hands so he could put one on all the Santa (unwrapped) gifts.

DSC_0696

Leah was a little bit reserved at first, but it didn’t take her long to get in on the gift-opening action.

DSC_0702

The McMom was more excited than the proverbial kid on Christmas morning about the remote-controlled monkey she got for the kids.  Her plan was for Chase to use the remote to make the monkey make noise so that he could find it. 

DSC_0715

Chase didn’t quite get the game but we all had fun encouraging him.

DSC_0709

DSC_0713

Getting warmer…

DSC_0716

Found it!

DSC_0719

Time to open some presents.  Chase and his pile…

DSC_0743

And Leah in front of hers.

DSC_0755

Chase got a whoopee cushion, too.

DSC_0813DSC_0814

Look at my stack o’ gifts.  Notice anything particularly McWifely about the paper?

DSC_0839DSC_0840

Leah doing her princess wave from Kevin’s new jack.

DSC_0861

After presents, we took the dogs on a walk.  First, though, I couldn’t help but torture Tucker a little bit with Chase’s new grabber.

DSC_0863DSC_0864

Why couldn’t I help but torture him?  See for yourself.  This is how he reacted to it back at our house after we brought it home.

Tucker does NOT love the grabber toy

By the way, Happy New Year!  Sorry that I didn’t get all of Christmas 2011 posted the year it happened.  I even still have the McHusband’s birthday to do.  You would’ve thought with all the time off I had, I could’ve at least been on top of my blogging.  Oh well, you should only have to put up with my belated posts for a couple more days.

No comments: