Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Recipe Recap: Chocolate Chip Cookies

I’m going to take a break from catching up on the holidays and the people to give you a quick food post.  I’ve just finished my popcorn {For those of you paying attention here at McMania – yes, I had my popcorn on the wrong night, but I went to spinning today instead of tomorrow so I earned it.} and I’m craving something sweet.  Like the leftover frosting in my fridge.  Or the Rolos that didn’t make it into the brownie bites.  Or both.

So instead of eating a treat, I’m chewing some Extra watermelon gum and keeping my fingers busy and using The Biggest Loser on TV to enforce my willpower.

I made these cookies the week before Christmas {Huh, look at that, this is a catch-up post after all}.  I chose to make them again because I remembered how good they were the first time I made them.  They didn’t disappoint the second time around, but I think my memory was a little skewed.  The dough was actually better than the baked cookie.

DSC_0382

I used this recipe from Allrecipes.  Kahlua in a cookie?  Yes, please!

DSC_0389

Two and a half cups of oatmeal?  These things are practically a health food!

DSC_0396

Instead of M&M’s, I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks.  I thought they paired really well with the sweet cookie dough.  Plus they’re bigger than regular old chocolate chips and more chocolate is always better in my book.

DSC_0385

Final verdict?  Not as awesome a cookie as I remembered, but still a really good one.  However, I’m thinking about using this dough, which really was awesome, minus the eggs (I don’t need salmonella poisoning, thankyouverymuch) for Cookie Dough Truffles like these from Tasty Kitchen.

Stack of cookies!

DSC_0395cnma

                                    {Recipe Here}

1 comment:

McMom said...

Is this the dough that was in my rec room fridge at Christmas and went home with you unbaked? I should have asked when I saw it.... Love, McMom