Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, McHusband!

December 26th was – well, is – the McHusband’s birthday.  Yep, he’s 32 now and old like me.

So his birthday started much like Christmas Day – gifts and breakfast except this time it was gifts AT breakfast.

DSC_0959

(I promise, I didn’t actually give him a box of Triscuits; I just used the box for the DVD so it wasn’t obvious what the gift was.)

DSC_0958

A shark fin-style antenna.  Or antenna cover, something like that.

DSC_0966

The McDad’s birthday was – still is – December 31st so he also opened his gift from Kevin, Jenny, the McHusband and me.  In case your curiosity’s killing you, we got him hood shocks.

DSC_0972

Kevin and Jenny took the Chase and Leah to her parents’ house so we could have an adults-only dinner.  Before we left the house, we kids all sat on the big red couch and two of us may or may not have enjoyed a rum and diet Coke while we waited until it was time to go.

DSC_0976

We went to Sir Edmond Halley’s, a restaurant in the back of a shopping center.  I mean, really, it couldn’t BE in a worse location.  But luckily the food was really good so they must depend on satisfied customers to spread the word.

IMG_3005IMG_3007IMG_3008

Jenny enjoyed her Woodchuck Cider – she especially enjoyed the second one – and her fish and chips.

IMG_3009

After dinner, we kids headed to Selwyn Pub where some friends who were in Charlotte for Christmas were headed after their dinner.  This place seemed to have more patio space than indoor space, and they had those vertical heaters plus each table had a fire pit in the middle so the patio could be utilized practically year-round.

IMG_3015

Self-portrait of the McWives!

IMG_3016

So who were we hanging out with?

IMG_3025

That’s Alex and John on the left.  They got engaged in early December so we’re of course very happy for them.

IMG_3020

Then Erin, Mark, Rick and Sabrina.  A quick aside: Erin got married to a guy with her same last name so she didn’t have to go through the usual hassle that we newly wedded women have to deal with regarding name changes.  I thought I was doing pretty good keeping my monogram.

IMG_3021

IMG_3027

Kevin ordered five Yager shots, and I was one of the unlucky recipients.

IMG_3031IMG_3032

The McHusband and Mark. (I feel like I owe Mark this picture since the candid one of him above wasn’t the greatest.)

IMG_3028

Hope you had a great birthday, McHusband!  I love you!

IMG_3029

1 comment:

McHusband said...

Somebody looks like they've had a few too many drinks in that last pic, lol.