Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday morning

Welcome back to the work week!  Did your weekend fly by like mine did?  Let’s see, there was Flamingo Friday, dinner and cards with friends on Saturday, and a matinee with the girls on Sunday.  And in between all the fun, there was exercise, the making of treats, installing the rest of the crown molding in the kitchen, starting a new project outside, and a few chores thrown in for good measure.

I’d made cookies and brownie bites stuffed with Raspberry Hugs to share with the neighbors on Friday, and I bagged up some of the extras and snuck them into the theater on Sunday to share with the girls during our One for the Money outing.

DSC_0574

The movie is based on a book by the same name.  Five of the six of us had read that book and the rest in the series (it’s up to 18 books now, I think) so of course we had to see the movie.  As someone who’s read the books, I liked the movie fine.  If I hadn’t read the series, I don’t think I would’ve liked it enough for it to be worth paying to see it in the theater.

This week on McMania:

Cookies!

DSC_0483

Pie!  Yes, this became pie.

DSC_0505

Fancy Rice Krispie Treats.

DSC_0567

Our (and by “our,” I mean “the McHusband’s”)  new outdoor project.

DSC_0592

A fun night with friends.

DSC_0549

And a delicious and healthy Sunday dinner.

DSC_0616

Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!  Oh, and a happy belated birthday to Kevin who celebrated his 30th on Sunday.

1 comment:

McMom said...

Ryan eats PLAIN peas???? You have turned him into such a healthy eater!! Thanks...McMom