Monday, February 13, 2012

Back to the grind…

I hope you all had a good weekend.  As usual, mine flew by.  I think it must’ve been all that wind we had here – it ushered in freezing-cold temps and pushed the minutes around the clock faster than they should have moved.

I enjoyed my “wining” to with the girls on Friday, although it didn’t go exactly as planned.  We tried to go to Niche, but they didn’t have any beer for Heather and Pam so we walked around the corner to another local joint, My Way Tavern, which was crowded and had great energy.  What a nice way to kick off the weekend.

That night, I baked some Cream Cheese Brownies for the “trainer” I met Saturday morning.  More on that later in the week.

DSC_0702

After my training session and boring chores around the house, the McHusband and I had dinner at Pei Wei then we went Valentine’s Day shopping for more smell-good stuff.  I got another bottle of my Tuscany, and the McHusband got some new stuff, Armani Code.  It smelled good in the store so hopefully we both like it in real life, too.

Sunday found pork chops in the crockpot…

DSC_0745

…and the McHusband wrapping up the crown molding.

DSC_0716

I got everything put back on top the cabinets and the kitchen pulled back together so I’ll get “after” pics taken next weekend when I can take advantage of lots of daylight.

For those of you keeping track, we’re 9 days into Operation Reset the Cats.  Tori would appreciate someone slipping her a nail file. 

DSC_0710

So there you go, that’s our weekend in a nutshell minus a couple fun details about digging in the backyard (the McHusband), going to spinning (me), and doing laundry (both of us).

2 comments:

Mcmom said...

Surely the trainer doesn't eat food like that!!! Yummy, McMom

Mcmom said...

Recipe?...