Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The bright side

There is an up side to having a crate full of cats in my kitchen: My dining room is in proper order.  The chairs don’t have to be tilted forward against the table in order to keep the cats off of them.  White chairs in a sunny room plus two dark-haired cats does NOT equal a happy McWife.

Of course, the tilted chairs weren’t 100% successful.

IMG_2279

The chairs did prove useful for laying out my clothes after they came out of the dryer.  They also apparently made a pretty good landing spot in the sun for a certain black kitty.

Now, though, my dining room is fit for us to enjoy a meal with and the good company of some guests.

DSC_0740

How nice to see all 16 chair legs ACTUALLY touching the floor.

DSC_0741

DSC_0743

Now I just need to find me some guests…

Oh yeah, Happy Valentine’s Day!

I have something special in store for the McHusband tonight.  It’s something I saw online that I knew he’d get excited about and be very happy to get.  I wouldn’t normally plan for this during the week, but it’s a special occasion so I decided we could go for it.

Sorry, can’t tell you what I’m doing, gotta keep it a surprise until tonight! Winking smile

1 comment:

McHusband said...

Don't worry Honey, I already installed the hooks in the ceiling!!! J/K ;) Don't worry folks, I have the inside scoop that this "treat" is not what you or I originally thought... this is of course a PG blog.