Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kitchen: Crowned

I don’t really have good before pictures of the kitchen without the crown (I know, major blog FAIL on my part), but here are a few of the bay window from Chelle’s birthday celebration.

DSC_0330

DSC_0331

And here’re two from when the McHusband was actually putting the crown up.

DSC_0447

DSC_0458

The bay window was definitely challenging for him, but there was You Tube to the rescue.

DSC_0461

Ready to see what a fabulous job my McHusband did?

DSC_0913

DSC_0914

DSC_0915

Sorry for the bay window pics being dark, but it’s hard to take pictures INTO the daylight.  I couldn’t leave these out, though, since the McHusband worked so hard on that area.

DSC_0920

DSC_0921

The one joint over the pantry door was looking pretty iffy but thanks to the magic of caulk, you’d never know there was once a half inch gap between the two pieces of wood.

DSC_0916

DSC_0925

And just because I took the pictures and I’m proud of what a great job the McHusband did, here are a few more looks at the kitchen.

DSC_0917

DSC_0926

So now the kitchen can join the royal ranks with the rest of the rooms on the first floor: from the powder room to the laundry room and everywhere in between, each room has crown molding and the only stuff “we” didn’t install is in the dining room.

Thank you, McHusband!

4 comments:

Gma said...

Way to go McHusband -- looks awesome!

McMom said...

G'ma took the words right outta my mouth!! Looks GREAT!! McMom

McHusband said...

You're more than welcome McWife and thanks mom's.

Jenny said...

Looks awesome! I think we may need to employ the McHusband in about a year to help us out on a few projects!