Friday, July 20, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Brownie Bottom Caramel Cheesecake Bars

You know we couldn’t have guests without me using them as culinary guinea pigs baking up something yummy for them.  I decided to go with these bars, which seemed like a good compromise between something fancy and fit for visitors and something not-so-impressive but very tasty.

DSC_1058

Cheesecake isn’t my favorite dessert.  I mean, I’ll eat it, but there are other things I’d rather have, like a slab of chocolate cake named after a certain Chinese landmark.  However, cheesecake + caramel + brownies?  Now that’s a dessert I’d order.

DSC_1054

I used Salted Caramel Sauce from Trader Joe’s.  Ooh, that reminds me, I still have some in the fridge.  Not enough to go into a recipe, but enough for a bowl of ice cream.  Note to self: Buy some ice cream.

DSC_1060

These were quite good and I can see myself making them again.  They were easy to make and I like that the recipe made a 9 x 13 pan of dessert.  When I’m looking to make a treat to share, I don’t like for the recipe to call for an 8 x 8 pan.  That’s not enough!

DSC_1057

I found a new good place to take food pictures: my dining room floor.

DSC_1061

TGIF!  I really enjoyed my day off yesterday although I stayed pretty busy.  I went for a run right after getting up, then mixed up some cookie dough that needed refrigerated prior to baking before we took the dogs to the vet.  Did you guys see their pictures over on the right?

After the vet and lunch, I baked cookies and bars and assembled some no-bake bars for the McHusband to take to the beach.  I also made him some Spicy Pretzels so I don’t think I need to worry about the boys going hungry this weekend.  My time in the kitchen was broken up by laying out and a few chores so all in all, it was a pretty nice day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

{Recipe here}

No comments: