Monday, July 2, 2012

Skydiving

I’m playing catch-up, trying to get the last two big events from June posted before Fourth of July.  By the way, am I the only one thrown off by the holiday being smack dab in the middle of the week?  With no vacation plans for the Fourth and the office closed only on Wednesday, I don’t really know what I’m going to do with my day off.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad to have the day, I just don’t know how I’m going to spend it.

But enough about me and my white people problems.  Let’s go back to June 10th when the McHusband jumped out of a perfectly good airplane for the THIRD time. At least he did it for a discounted price thanks to a Groupon, which Anna, Logan, and Meg also bought.

DSC_0613

We had to wait a while before it was their turn, but lucky for us it was a beautiful day so we didn’t mind hanging out in the sun.

DSC_0605DSC_0606

Finally their names were called and it was time to get suited up.

DSC_0627

DSC_0628

Yeah, I wasn’t feeling too confidant with the McHusband’s tandem partner at this point…

DSC_0629

Anna has her suit on so that must mean she’s ready to go.  She kept pointing out that they said you could back out until you got the suit on and she was happy to reserve that right.

DSC_0630

Lovin’ the cap, Logan!

DSC_0637

Anyone else see anything of concern in this picture?

DSC_0648

Let’s hope the duct tape isn’t for the parachutes.

DSC_0649

Almost time to get on the plane!

DSC_0645

DSC_0650

DSC_0654

DSC_0660

I don’t remember how long they were gone – 20 minutes or so, I think - before the group started floating down from the sky.

DSC_0665DSC_0668

I’m happy to report that everyone landed safe and sound and totally hyped up.

And I want to strangle thank the McHusband’s instructor who informed us that now that the McHusband has jumped tandem-style three times, he can do a solo jump next time.  I have a feeling it won’t be too long before we’re back in Louisburg.

DSC_0684

Hope your holiday week is off to a good start!

1 comment:

McMom said...

Thanks sooooo much for sharing that last tidbit of info....the McMom