Monday, December 3, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Peanut Butter Crunch Tart

It’s Monday.  Mondays are notoriously rough so I thought I’d do the whole Mary-Poppins-spoonful-of-sugar thing and share one of the desserts I made for Thanksgiving.

DSC_2258

The crust was supposed to be made up of both regular and chocolate shortbread cookies.  I used Keebler Sandies Simply Shortbread and Dark Chocolate Fudge Stripes, which are quite good.  The cookie crumbs were then mixed with peanut butter instead of butter to make the crust.

DSC_2260

The filling isn’t too different from any number of peanut butter pies, but at least its relatively original in its use of crunchy peanut butter and the peanut butter chips.

DSC_2263

My crumble topping ended up being a little too toasted so I had to pick through it and used only the stuff that wasn’t overbaked.

DSC_2262

I would definitely make this pie again.  I plan to use the crust for future desserts for sure.

DSC_2264

Hope this helps get your week started on the right foot!

{Recipe here}

1 comment:

McMom said...

It was YUMMMMY.... Love how the countertop is the same color as the filling! McMom