Thursday, December 27, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Pecan Caramel Bars

One of the guys at work gave me a bag of pecans so I wanted to make something with them before our office closed for the holidays so I could share the treat with my coworkers.  I came across this recipe and thought it not only looked tasty, but it seemed simple enough so I could easily make it after the Y on a Thursday night.

DSC_2819

I didn’t want to buy maple extract so I just used vanilla extract.

DSC_2820

I don’t know how that affected their taste, but these were pretty fantastic so I’m not sure I want to try the recipe the “right” way.

DSC_2825

The butterscotch chips provide the main flavor in these bars but you could certainly switch them out for chocolate, white chocolate, or even cinnamon.

DSC_2822

I was glad I got my pecans for free, but these bars were so good that I’ll probably have to buy some nuts soon so I can make them again.

DSC_2824

They were a bit hit with my coworkers as well as Sandra, who raved about them and requested the recipe.

DSC_2821

Bake a batch of these before you make any resolutions.  I’d hate for you to break them so soon after committing – or recommitting – to eating better.

{Recipe here}

No comments: