Monday, December 31, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Cinnamon Toffee Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

It’s Monday and you know what that means.  Treats!

I made these cookies just before Christmas.  I had stocked up on cinnamon chips when they finally hit the shelves at Harris Teeter, and I had a few pecans left after making those scrumptious bars, and I always have toffee bits in my pantry so I was all set.

DSC_2861

These cookies were pretty good.  Not the best I’ve ever eaten, but I liked how all the flavors worked together.  With the oats and nuts, the cookies tasted a little healthy and, really, they weren’t THAT bad for us.

DSC_2860

Today is Day 10 of my Christmas vacation.  We were here the weekend before Christmas, then we went to Charlotte on Christmas Eve.  We stayed in Charlotte to celebrate the McHusband’s birthday on the 26th then came home on the 27th to enjoy dour staycation. 

I’ve kept pretty busy with some projects I’ been wanting to tackle.  I cleaned, painted and organized our pantry (full post on that soon) then kept the momentum going with our spice cabinet and fridge.  The McHusband commented that he thought the fridge looked brighter.  I told him it was probably because I’d cleaned all the shelves so the light could actually shine through them.

I’m going to make the most of these last two days with a little exercise, some chores, a New Year’s party, and some relaxing.

“See” you next year!

{Recipe here}

PS  Happy Birthday, McDad!

No comments: