Monday, May 13, 2013

Monte on Monday

I hope you moms out there had a very nice Mother’s Day.  Vanessa and I were wished a Happy Mother’s Day by the girl taking our tickets at the movie theater Saturday night.  I don’t know why, but it rubbed me the wrong way.  It’s not like she assumed something bad about us, but I still didn’t like it.

Know who else didn’t like something this weekend?  Monte.

DSC_5658

I gave him and Morgan baths yesterday.  That Tupperware container full of what looks like orange juice?  It’s homemade flea shampoo, which we had to use on him a few weeks ago after he stayed with the breeder while we were in PA.  He was flea-free after the first bath, but I had the extra shampoo and he does spend most days outside so I figured it couldn’t hurt.

DSC_5657

Monte, like Morgan, didn’t love getting a bath, but he didn’t fight it (much) either.  I think resigned is the word to describe their attitude toward the whole ordeal.

DSC_5662

I used a little of my Moroccan Oil shampoo on him after the homemade stuff got him clean so he’d smell good and have soft and shiny fur.

DSC_5659

Now in addition to being adorable, he’s got silky-s0ft fur and he smells really good.  He’s pretty irresistible.

DSC_5661

I’ll be back with your something edible and sweet tomorrow.  I hit it out of the park with Shawn’s birthday dessert and something like that has to be shared in real life and online.

2 comments:

Gma said...

Monte is getting to be such a big boy! Is he as much a Daddy's Boy as Tucker was? You know we're waiting for the "working under the car" shot!

McHusband said...

He is definitely growing. He weighed in at 36 lbs this weekend.

I don't know if he's a daddy or a momma's boy at this point... seems to be pretty much split down the middle. And guess I best be getting another Mustang so we can get that "car shot." :)