Friday, May 24, 2013

TGIF before a long weekend!

I sure have been looking forward to the bonus weekend day that comes with Memorial Day.  The McHusband and I don’t have many big plans, just some of our own honey-do’s, dinner and hanging out downtown on Saturday for Vanessa’s birthday, which is today (Happy Birthday, Vanessa!), and a fair amount of R and R wherever we can squeeze it in.

Actually I do have some baking to do.  I’m going to try a new sweet-and-savory combo so keep your fingers crossed that it’s successful.  I’ll be back next week to tell you how it turned out.

This weekend would be the perfect time to try these Strawberry Riesling Slushies, don’t you think?  Anyone want to come over and help me drink them?

Look at the weather for the long weekend.  Pretty fantastic, huh?

image

I’m going to take advantage of the low humidity and comfortable temperature on Saturday to go for a nice long run.  The best part is that I don’t have to get up early to get it in before the heat settles over us.  Win-win!

Guess what tomorrow is?  Maxie’s second birthday.  Happy Birthday, Maxie!

DSC_5459

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: