Monday, May 20, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Salted Chocolate Fudge Cookies

We definitely need some chocolate today.

DSC_5655

Chocolate stuffed with chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt.

DSC_5654

I made these as a second treat for Shawn’s birthday.  That’s not exactly true.  I mean, it is, but what I really mean is I used Shawn’s birthday as an excuse to make some cookies that I really wanted to try.  And it just so happens that Shawn’s a big fan of a strong not-overly-sweet chocolate flavor, which is what I expected from these cookies, so it was the perfect opportunity to bake up a treat that I had been eyeing.

DSC_5652

I read through the recipe several times to see if I’d overlooked where it said to add the egg, but it turns out there’s no egg in these.  Excellent (eggs-cellent?) for eating uncooked cookie dough people with egg allergies.

DSC_5653

These cookies were a perfect texture.  Slightly crisp on the outside and they gave way to a chewy interior, and then there were the melty semisweet bits for an extra boost of chocolaty goodness.  And don’t even get me started on the sprinkling of sea salt – that MADE these cookies.

DSC_5656

Like I told you in the Snickers Brownies post, I took Shawn’s birthday treats to our dinner at Chili’s.  I shared a couple with our waiter as well as a waitress who asked for one after having a bite of the first cookie I gave our waiter.  Pretty bold of her, huh?  That should tell you just how good they were.

DSC_5654

One note: I used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder, which provided the base of the not-so-sweet chocolate flavor.  If you use regular unsweetened cocoa powder, they’ll probably be a little less bold.

Hope your weeks are off to a great start!

{Recipe here}

No comments: