Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year’s Eve

I guess I’m going to work backwards and do December 31st before I do the 24th, 25th, and 26th.

The McHusband and I joined Chelle, Heather, and Bruce at Shawn and Vanessa’s to wish 2013 a fond farewell.  We stood around the islands (no, that’s not a typo; there are two kitchen islands) for a while munching on all the fabulous snacks before the boys headed out to the garage and we girls settled in the den for some chatting.  Once the group came back together and had some of the Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie that I made, we broke out a new version of Cranium that no one had played yet.  However, it was based on the game we were familiar with so it was easy enough to catch on.

We played girls against boys and one category has the player use clay to get his/her teammates to guess the answer.  Here’s the McHusband’s clay clue:

1231132349

Any guesses?  Bruce and Shawn were able to get it.

The answer is umbilical cord.  I thought he did a pretty good job.  Shoot, I was just happy he knew what it was considering there’s about to be a very important umbilical cord in his life in about 7 weeks.

We almost missed midnight because we were so engrossed in the game, but we took a break with about 40 seconds to spare.  The McHusband took a picture of our group, and Chelle took one of him and me.

0101140001

0101140004a

I did have my one (and only since I’ve known I was pregnant) glass of wine as planned; the rest of the night, I alternated between water and some pomegranate sparkling cider that was very good.  Chelle and I even added it to the wine and that was a tasty combination.

There were only a few swallows of the cider left at the end of the night and, well, I couldn’t let them go to waste.

0101140130c

We had a lowkey New Year’s Eve but it was just perfect.  We spent the evening with our close friends, and I’m grateful to have each of them in our lives.

Hope everyone else welcomed 2014 exactly the way you wanted to, whether that was out partying or home with family or even fast asleep.

No comments: