Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Baby Shower: Food and Decor

I know some of you out there think that you had the best baby shower, but I have some bad news for you.  I actually had the best baby shower.  (Kim – her food here – and Vickie, your showers tie for second-best.)

My hostess team consisted of my mom, my sister Bri, and my two friends, Heather and Vanessa.

DSC_9381

Here is what greeted my guests as they arrived at the house.

DSC_9372

DSC_9373

DSC_9374

Once inside, my guests looked right and saw the favor table and wish tree, and to their left was the food in the dining room.

DSC_9361

DSC_9364

Guests were asked to fill out a wish tag for the baby and hang it on the tree.  Unfortunately, I neglected to take a picture of the branches loaded down with well wishes.

DSC_9362

DSC_9363

We’ll take the long way to the dining room.  From the foyer to the den…

DSC_9365

DSC_9368

DSC_9366

DSC_9367

Guests were asked to bring an unwrapped book for the McBaby’s bookshelf.  Everyone signed a label that went in their book.  You probably recognize this table from my cake post.  My blog/guest-of honor fail moment was that I didn’t snap a picture of the shelf (which my mom made) loaded with books.

DSC_9349

DSC_9354

Okay, time to eat!  Let’s go see what’s happening in the dining room.

DSC_9387

DSC_9386

I’ll zoom in and you guys should be able to figure out the theme.

DSC_9356

DSC_9357

DSC_9388

Do you get it?  The general shower theme was kids’ books, and my hostesses chose several books to help set the menu.  Neat, right?

Over on the buffet, Bri had a hot cocoa station set up.  I know they used packets of hot chocolate to make the cocoa, but something they did with it made it especially tasty. 

DSC_9358

DSC_9360

The toppings and mix-ins for the hot cocoa.

DSC_9400

My mom made the license plates.  My birthday on the left, the McHusband’s on the right, and the due date below.  I’ll be adding them to a wall in the baby’s room.

DSC_9359

One more table of goodies to go! 

DSC_9395

DSC_9396

DSC_9393

DSC_9398

DSC_9399

DSC_9392

DSC_9390

See, I told you: Best. Baby. Shower. Ever. Smile

No comments: