Monday, January 20, 2014

What a weekend!

I. Am. Exhausted.

But for many good reasons.  Last week was a very busy one in general and then I had a houseful of VIP’s from Friday through Sunday.  See, my baby shower was held at my house on Saturday and you know the women in my family can’t just have a party.  We have to go all out for everything from new puppies to second birthday parties to what the McBaby may or may have between its legs.

Shannon and the McHusband worked on some finishing touches in the McBaby’s room Friday night.  Shannon painted.

DSC_9317

And they installed a fan, assembled a crib, and hung curtains. 

DSC_9323

I was busy helping them as necessary but I had to bake cookies, frost cupcakes, and make cheesecake bars.

DSC_9334

I made it back upstairs in time to help with the important stuff.

DSC_9327

DSC_9329

Bri and Sam arrived after Mexican food (And margaritas; yes, you do detect a hint of jealousy.) and a trip to Harris Teeter.  They and my mom got busy with food prep and party décor, fueled by wine and good conversation.

DSC_9333

We got the nursery pulled together enough for it to show well at the shower on Saturday.  Here’s a sneak peek.

DSC_9341

Shannon, the McHusband, and I went to bed around 1:15 but Bri, Sam, and my mom were up another 45 minutes or so.  I don’t know what time those three were up the next morning, which was really the same morning, but they were up and at ‘em by the time I got downstairs around 8:30.

I have lots more to show-and-tell regarding the shower, but I have to make sure I do it justice because of all the hard work my wonderful hostesses put into it.  I’ll be back with details soon.

PS  Happy Birthday to Bri today!

No comments: