Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I should be catching you guys up on Christmas, but I just haven’t been in a blogging mood this week.  I’ve been busy during the day getting closets and rooms cleaned out

1229131625

taking Christmas decorations down

baking for a New Year’s Eve get-together

1231131504

doing laundry and general chores and taking Monte to the vet.

1231131030a

We thought (and hoped) Monte had a knee problem but the vet thinks it’s probably his hip.  Not what parents of a large breed dog want to hear.  Monte goes back on Monday for x-rays so we’ll keep our fingers crossed for the best news after the vet gets a good look.

“You mean I have to go back?”

1231131041a

One thing I haven’t done much of?  Exercise.  I went to my muscle conditioning class on Saturday and while it felt good to be active, my back hurt afterward. So I’ve been trying to take it easy with the official exercise to give my back a break.  I’ll go back to the Y on Thursday and we’ll see how I feel afterward.

One last day of Christmas vacation, but at least I only have two days to work before the weekend.  Nice way to ease back into the real world.

Hope you guys all had a fun New Year’s Eve and aren’t spending today wishing you hadn’t celebrated quite so hard.  I’m no fortuneteller, but I’m pretty sure I don’t need a crystal ball to know I am feeling fine today.

Happy belated birthday to the McDad whose birthday was yesterday.

No comments: