Saturday, January 31, 2009

Brownie Trifle and movie night

I wanted to watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall so I invited our usual Friday-night people over for dessert and a movie. The attendees were: Terry, Vickie, Chelle, and Shawn. Jeremy stayed home because he wasn't feeling that great and Vanessa was with family in Illinois.

I bought the movie from the HD On Demand channel as soon as I got home from work and it was then available to me for 24 hours. It was SUPPOSED to be available for 24 hours. When we went to watch it around 9:15, the movie wouldn't play. I called Time Warner (I know a lot of people have issues with TWC, but I never have and I typically defend them) and they weren't very helpful.

First of all, the person rebooted my DVR from her end, which messed up my recording of Friday Night Lights. Sure, it restarted, but I missed several minutes toward the end. I've got my fingers crossed that it was during a commercial break. When I told the person that that didn't work, she had me hold on for a few minutes then came back to say they were having some trouble with their On Demand services. Uh, you think? That's what I told YOU!

The lady told me I wouldn't be charged for the movie and I figured I'd just check it again today to see if it worked. Guess what? It did. So I got my money back AND I got to see the movie, which was quite entertaining.

So, Terry, Vickie, Shawn, and Chelle? I'm really sorry that you guys didn't get to see the movie but I definitely recommend you see it if you get the chance. But you might want to rent it through Blockbuster, Netflix, or that Red Box machine just to be safe.

Well, my movie night might've been a bust, but the Brownie Trifle was not. It was muy delicioso, if I do say so myself. Take a look and try to tell me you wouldn't want to try some of this:




























Brownies, chocolate pudding, Cool Whip, and candy bars - how could you go wrong with that combination? You can't. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

No comments: