Sunday, January 4, 2009

Decorating updates

I'm interrupting the Christmas posts to show you some new house stuff. We went to a tile shop when my dad and sister were up here and found our backsplash:














Here it is up against the cabinet:


















It's a mixture of tumbled stone and glass tiles. It's a little busy, but I think it's going to look really great.

I also ordered some curtains for the den. The McHusband isn't feeling them so I'm hoping the two test panels grow on him before the other four arrive. He's not liking the paisley pattern and I guess he isn't too fond of the colors either.














And here's a close-up.


















I like that there are different colors in the panels that I can use to accessorize the room. The McHusband just thinks the pattern's too busy and he thinks they look like old-lady curtains.

Of course, I want the McHusband to like how his house is decorated, but maybe I need to remind him that the only room the buyers of our old house painted was the office, the room that he decorated.

So what do you think? Who should be the one with the final say on the curtains?

No comments: