Monday, September 7, 2009

Mmm, cookies!

I can't remember the last time I baked homemade cookies. I did some break-and-bake ones for the McHusband to take to the beach in July and those were yummy, but there's something about making cookies from scratch, you know?

Byron, Lisa, and the girls stopped by today. They were in the area on their way back from Charlotte because Byron was taking a second look - and getting a first ride - on a boat that he's thinking about buying. Lisa and the girls stayed at the house with me while the boys went to see the boat. Originally, Melaney and Lindsey were going to stay at the house so Byron and Lisa could check out the boat and I was thinking that Melaney and I could make cookies together since, well, my house doesn't really have anything interesting for four-year-olds.

Anyway, I made the cookies after everyone left and let me tell you - they turned out pretty darn delicious! I may never make chocolate chip cookies any other way. I used Allrecipes to find a recipe that used the ingredients I had on hand - oatmeal, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips. Lori's Awesome Cookies looked like a great option, and Lori didn't let me down. They have kahlua in them - how could I go wrong?













I made half with white chocolate chips - the McHusband's favorite - and half with milk chocolate chips. The latter are my favorite, of course. Hope everyone at the McHusband's office likes cookies because that's where the majority of them are headed in the morning.

1 comment:

G'ma said...

What, you couldn't use your "free" half day on Friday to make these so that you could bring dessert to Ashboro?

Couple of questions: 1) how much raw dough did you sample and 2) do you really have cookies left to send with Ryan?