Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peanut Butter Surprise Balls

I made Beantown Baker's peanut butter truffles yesterday. I have to admit, they weren't as good as I expected. I mean, it's not like they were bad, they just weren't as outstanding as I figured they would be.

One thing I did like was the crumbly peanut butter mixture. Once you squished it into generally round submission, the balls held their shape and weren't all gooey and likely to melt like the Kraft Oreo or Nutter Butter Truffles.


I covered about 2/3 of the balls in semi-sweet chocolate and the other third in milk chocolate. I was thinking that the peanut butter mixture would be sweet enough on its own so the semi-sweet chocolate would help temper that, but I think the milk chocolate was the way to go and I wish I'd made more of those.




If these balls and the Kraft Nutter Butter Truffles had babies, I think we'd have the perfect truffle. I guess I'll play matchmaker the next go 'round.

No comments: