Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chase's Birthday Weekend Part I

The McHusband and I drove to Charlotte Friday night and spent a little time with Bri, Nate, and Lyla then went to the McInlaws' house to spend the night before getting up early to head to SC.

When we got the Kevin and Jenny's, Chase was nearing the end of his party animal power nap. My keen aunt ears heard him wake up so I was first in line to go get him out of his crate, er, crib.

(I know I already posted a similar picture, but I'm a proud aunt, what can I say.)




I need to apologize to anyone that I might've offended with my candle comment. See the candle on top of Chase's cake hat? It was pointing in a downward direction, and I straightened it up and said, "You're too young for your candle to not stand up straight."

Some advice for anyone planning a party on a budget: buy a bag of balloons, blow them up, and let the kids at them. It was like that scene in Jaws where the guys on the boat bait the Great White with bloody meat.

Here's Chase enjoying the balloons. Notice the little girl in the background who wouldn't give up until she tasted a balloon.



Time for cake!




Chase really wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with the piece of cake his parents put in front of him. He soon got the hang of it though.






I love the looks on Jenny's face.

First, there's regret about giving Chase the cake to squish:


Then there's the resignation that he made a mess and, yep, she's going to have to clean it up.


Up next? Presents!

1 comment:

Gma said...

I repeat Jenny: I know Lyla is a tad older, but jeesh - would these two not make beauteous babies?

Can't believe all these babies are a year old already! It seems it was just yesterday that we found out you were pregnant!