Wednesday, April 25, 2012

33

Well, it’s official – I’m 33 years old.  I’m not sure how I’m supposed to feel about being 33.  I don’t feel old or even older (granted, it’s only been one day…).  I’m trying to look back about 15 years and remember where I thought then that I’d be now.  I really can’t recall.  I mean, I guess I figured I’d be married and probably working and maybe a mom, but I really don’t think I had an exact path laid out to take me to an specific destination, whether that meant having a certain career or having two kids.  All I know is I’m happy where I am now.

I have a nice home, I’m working, I’m in good health, I’ve got wonderful friends, and I have an amazing husband to share my life with.  What more could a girl ask for?

I didn’t have an exciting birthday, but that was what I wanted.  I got home from Florida Monday afternoon so I of course took Tuesday off.  I was able to sleep in, then I spent most of the day figuring out my new phone.  I finally put some clothes on, brushed my teeth, and headed to Walmart to get what I needed to make my birthday dinner.  The McHusband offered to take me out to eat, but I was looking forward to making a recipe I’d printed a few weeks ago.  I did a little baking, too.  We had a lot of overripe bananas so I made some cookies and some single-serving layered banana pudding desserts.

After dinner, walking the dogs, and getting ready for going back to work tomorrow, I got the other half of my digital birthday presents – a  Dual-Use Heart Rate Monitor.  Thanks, McHusband! 

I had today to figure out my new phone; I think I need tomorrow off so I can figure out this new toy.  Wonder if the boss man would consider that a valid reason to call in and extend my vacation?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I appreciate everyone remembering me.

No comments: