Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Early birthday present

As if a long girls’ weekend in Florida wasn’t enough (full report soon), I got to open an actual gift in the car after the McHusband picked me up from the airport.

Or maybe my birthday was just the final excuse the McHusband needed to break down and upgrade our phones’ IQs.  That’s right, we’ve finally joined the ranks of, well, pretty much EVERYone – we have smartphones!

We each got a Lucid by LG.

I need to go to the Verizon store tomorrow and see if they can get my contacts from my old phone onto my new one.  If not, guess how I’ll be spending my birthday…  Oh well, I suppose that’s one way to figure the new phone out.

I’ve already downloaded a few free apps, but I didn’t want to collect a bunch just to have them.  Maybe I should ask the internet: What are your must-have apps?

Besides possibly running to the phone store and probably getting some groceries and DEFINITELY working out, I think I’ll try to give myself the gift of relaxation for my birthday.  Not that I didn’t do plenty of that in Florida, but I’m looking forward to doing some on my home turf before it’s back to life as usual on Wednesday.

Speaking of Florida, how would you like for this to be your backyard?

IMG_3316

And you didn’t worry about snakes being in it.

IMG_3318

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: