Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bruce’s Birthday Bash

We went to Los Tres Magueyes for dinner then most of the group headed back to Heather and Bruce’s for dessert and hanging out.

IMG_3240

Bruce requested Key Lime Pie for his birthday dessert and he said he liked it tart and authentic and admitted he was picky about his Key Lime Pie.  So, yeah, no pressure on me for my first time making this pie.

DSC_0122 

I’m happy to say that Bruce really liked his pie.  Phew, score one for the McKitchen!

DSC_0123

Heather had some ice cream to go with the other dessert I made, and I was more interested in JUST the ice cream than either of the treats I made.

DSC_0127

Soon enough, our large group split the way it usually did – girls in one area, guys in the other.

DSC_0132

DSC_0130

Greg broke through the gender barrier.

DSC_0136

At one point, Terry and I met in the middle, a.k.a. the dessert table.

IMG_3246

A few random shots…

DSC_0146

DSC_0171

DSC_0170

IMG_3261

IMG_3262

Happy 39th, Bruce!

DSC_0173

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Have you become the official group treat maker? That's one lucky group of friends you have :).

Vickie said...

Jenny - yes we have made Stephanie our group treat maker and yes, we are VERY lucky!